Kansas Alcohol Addiction Helpline

Robert Gerchalk

Robert is our health care professional reviewer of this website. He worked for many years in mental health and substance abuse facilities in Florida, as well as in home health (medical and psychiatric), and took care of people with medical and addictions problems at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. He has a nursing and business/technology degrees from The Johns Hopkins University.

Think you have a drinking problem?

If you suspect you might have a drinking problem, don't wait to seek help. Call our hotline now for confidential advice, support, and the first step towards understanding your relationship with alcohol and beginning your journey to recovery.

Free Alcoholism Hotlines in Kansas.

According to the CDC, about 7.5% of Kansas citizens age 12 or older abuse alcohol. That’s not just adults – that’s folks twelve or older. Statistically, one member of The Sunflower State will perish every other day due to alcohol-related causes. This is a sad problem, but it’s a problem that can be fixed.

Problematic drinking isn’t just an issue in The Hawkeye State. It’s an issue nationwide. Fortunately, there’s plenty of free help out there for those in need. We want to share some of these resources with you. Alcoholism is a disease, and the cure begins with helping yourself. Let us help you do just that.

Alcohol Awareness Hotline

The website alcoholawareness.org sponsors a 24/7 hotline that offers free help to anyone suffering from alcohol abuse. Call 855-955-0771 to be connected to a specialist who will listen and help in any way possible. The site also offers direct links to helpful resources and support groups. Their mission is to raise awareness of alcohol abuse by means of offering free help and resources. Call today.


The Substance Abuse Center of Kansas (SACK) is a non-profit that specializes in the prevention of, treatment of, and case management of state residents suffering from substance abuse. Call 316-267-3825 Monday through Saturday, 8 AM to 5 PM to speak with a specialist. You can also visit the website by clicking here.

KanCare Helpline

The Kansas state government sponsors KanCare, a free helpline available to all state residents. While they specialize in Medicaid, you can call 866-645-8216 and ask to be connected with a substance abuse specialist who can provide a multitude of resources and guidance. Click here to visit the website.